As I type, I've got my baby cuddled up to my chest burning up with a fever! We've been up since 4. Poor kid, I hope this passes soon. This is day 3 and we're not on the downhill stretch yet. It's times like this that our blog title becomes comical- and all too real.
Although I am feeling very sleepy, cuddling my baby so much the past few days has helped me remember how blessed I feel to have the opportunity to be a Mother. Motherhood has been probably the biggest challenge I have ever faced! I have learned that I am not as patient as I thought I was, that I have a temper, and that my children know how to push every button I have! I have also come to understand unconditional love, and how to comfort a sick child, how to be spontanious and enjoy the simple things in life.(blowing bubbles, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, a walk around the block, storytime, the sunshine, the smell of rain, the hope that spring snow storms will bring enough snow to make another snowman.... the list could go on and on.) So I guess that Motherhood has brought out the best, and the worst in me. But I'm greatful to know that through the refiners fire, I am hopefully becoming the person Heavenly Father wants me to be.
5 comments:
I hear you on the best and worst--unfortunately it seems to be more the worst these days! Thank goodness our kids are so sweet and forgiving. Great post, and I hope your baby gets healthy soon. I do love the title of your blog!
I am sorry to hear that your little one is sick. That is always the worst time! Just know that you are much closer than you think to being what heavenly father made! Keep your chin up...great things will be on the way!
I love those days when you can just revel in the simple moments - like eating lunch on the front porch, which we did today. :)
Hey, I just saw your comment on my blog . . . guess what? I went to Bennion Jr. High, so it was probably my show that you saw! Weird. It's a small world! I'll let you know when this one is. Maybe you can come with Dave and Jacob.
Sounds like you are a better mom then you think. I'm starting to realize a few of those things like patients and temper but mine are not towards Kathryn yet its towards a husband how seems to be oblivious to almost everything. WE're working on that! Looks like you had a great time in Cali. We're going this weekend just to spend time at the beach. Oh and I like the google images thing. I think I'll do that!
Post a Comment