"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Date night x 2....

My cousins came to town from Idaho, and they were a great example to us! We finally made it to a session at the Salt Lake Temple. It was a really neat experience, and we're so glad that we were able to go. That was date night#1- then the next night, Josh called about 10 min before he was supposed to get off of working asking if we'd use tickets to go to "BIG" the musical at Hale Center Theatre. We were lucky enough that Josh's parent's watched the kids, and we went to the show with my parents. Hurray for 2 dates in 2 nights! It helped me realize how much I enjoy the evenings just being at home with our little family... and how much I love my kids. :)


3 comments:

Rach said...

Hey, my brother is in "Big" at Hale. I wonder if you saw him there? I haven't seen it, so I can't even tell you what part he played. Anyway, good job on two dates in a row! I look forward to having dates again.

KrisD said...

What a fun time for Amelia! But hard on you! (I remember those days - excited for them but can't wait 'til they get back home to you)

You will have to give a critique on Big - we were thinking that might be a fun one to go to.

Shauna said...

I totally agree. I always look forward to going out, but at the end of the night I'm always overjoyed to be back home. But about the time I hit game 400 of Chutes and Ladders, I start craving another night out!