"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When you least expect it...

We have had a lot on our plates lately, and have spent a considerable amount of time on our knees in prayer-trying to figure out the best way to get through our rough time. (aka living in parents basement, desire to get out on our own again.. ) I honestly haven't felt a whole lot of direction, but have been plowing ahead none the less. I have been feeling an overwhelming amount of gratitude for the organization of the church, and the countless prayers that have been indirectly been said in our behalf. We met with our Bishop a few weeks ago, and had a really good visit!

Our situation is stinky. But if we are doing our VERY best to follow the counsel we've been given in the scriptures we will recieve blessings. I've had a really hard time balancing my role as a Mother, and Wife with the demands of making money to help out. In fact my poor kids have been angels through this, and I'm constantly striving to be everything they need(while working 3 other jobs). We had considered several times me quitting at least one of my jobs, possibly two so that I can concentrate more on our family. I had been torn in several directions as to which one to quit... anyway, long story short. They took care of themselves... and I'm feeling like Heavenly Father is watching out for me and guiding me. I'm still not sure what direction this whole experience is taking us, but I'm glad to know it's all part of a bigger plan, and that we will be guided if we ask and have faith.

"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

5 comments:

Rach said...

We think about you guys all the time, and hope everything works out! You seem to have a great perspective on life, even though it's got to be hard to balance everything the way you do. Good luck on everything. Let's get together soon. Maybe we'll have you over for dinner. :)

Shannon said...

I love you and your example! You are such an awesome person!

I am so happy that you can see the blessings that you are being given through all of this. I hope that you can continue to see them!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

You poor sweety. :( Is Josh still going to school? When's he gonna be done? Is that a light at the end of the tunnel? Or is it catch-up time then? It sure feels like there's no winning, doesn't it. :(

You're so lucky to be able to find part-time jobs to do at home. Even if it means using precious nap and bedtime to do it.

I don't know what you'll end up deciding, but I sure feel for you. I know it's hard for us because we want to do the little things like taking the kids on a carousel ride and the like, but we just can't justify the extra money!

Anyway. We've finally got our light at the end of the tunnel, and after your struggle, you'll get to your light too. :)

Shauna said...

Been there, done that . . . wait a minute! Still doing that! I completely understand. It's all so hard. I'm always looking for a work from home kind of situation to help us out, but they are hard to come by!

So Kev thinks he saw Josh at work the other day, thinks they might work for the same company (although very different departments). But since he doesn't really know you guys all that well, he's not sure. Who does he work for? Rach has my e-mail if you don't want to put such stuff on my blog!

Heather Weir said...

You are such a strong person. My family is in need of a second income but I can't being myself to leave my baby with someone else. I wish I had as much faith as you do that she'll be ok with someone else as I help out family continue to be able to eat and live. YOur kids are adorable. Wish we could get together sometime. Maybe We'll be in Utah sometime this year. anyway lova ya