"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July

I love love holidays, and it seems I have to make such an effort to get our family participating in all the fun! We did make it to the Riverton parade, at least to part of it. It was a lot of fun, and I learned that perhaps I need to teach my kids not to be "too" polite. They always hesitated when candy was thrown, just seeing if anyone else was going to get it, and of course- they did. :) They still had fun seeing all the beautiful floats, horses, clowns, and police motorcycles.


Friday, we were planning on hiking to grandier peak, like we did last year, but those plans fell through, so then we were going to go to the top of butterfield canyon to have some fun, which also fell through. My Dad then suggested that we go sailing, it seemed like a windy day, so we headed up to Deer Creek, to find out there was no wind. :) We ended up eating some yummy food here, then doing some fireworks with my family. It turned out pretty fun!


Saturday, Josh ended up going motorcycling with my Dad and our Brother in Law John. They had a GREAT time. Josh got home, just in time to go to WALL-E with his parents.(Which was so cute! We loved it- thanks Grandma and Grandpa Err Err!) We got home from the movie and our baby was snacking on some S'more trailmix. He threw up a little, and I figured it was because he possibly didn't chew well enough or something, but then his poor bottom lip started to swell, and swell, and swell! We decided to take him into KidsCare to get it checked out, he was trying to fall asleep while we drove there, and he kept having to lift his head to breath in. Anyway, they ended up consulting with the head ER Dr up and Primary Childrens, and we got to ride in an ambulance up there. (Can we say stress about $$$). They kept us for 6 hours for observation. They gave him Benadryl at the Kidscare, and by the time we got to Primary's he was already looking so much better! After recieving yet another oral steriod, we got to go home at 3 a.m.~ with instructions to keep him away from nuts- or tree nuts. And now we get to carry around lovely Epi-pens. It's hard to tell how to balance things out and not over-react, but not under-react too, if that makes sense. We are going to our family physician today, who I love, so hopefully he'll give me good insight on how to be cautious, but not crazy about things. I have an appt with an Allergist in August, so they can do testing on my little tyke. Poor kid.


Today we are back up and running like normal. :) Hopefully it will be a calm week! With any luck(Josh needs to get some hours covered at his part time job) we'll be taking a quick trip up to Idaho this weekend to do some yard work for my Grandparents, and to go on a tour of the new LDS Temple in Twin Falls. Hurray!


Hope each of you had a wonderful Independance Day! I'm so greatful to live in the U.S.A. and for all the freedoms we enjoy. I'm thankful for all the servicemen who are sacrificing life here to protect our Country. :)

4 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

Hey! Amber wedding was amazing. She looked great and was so happy. I was glad that I was able to make it. So you are heading up here.. are you just going to Twin? I would love to see you if you can make it happen...

Rach said...

Shauna's baby Matthew has allergies, too. He is allergic to milk, and nuts, and something else that I don't remember. Sorry you had to go through that! I'm sure it was really stressful, but I'm also sure that once you get the hang of it, you'll do fine, without freaking out too much.

Shannon said...

OH MY WORD! How scary! I am glad that everything went ok, but that is still really scary!

We miss you guys too. It will be a few weeks until we get to go on our Sunday Advenures again, but next time we go we will call for sure!

Glad your 4th was fun!

Chuck and Katie said...

That's so scary, I'm glad he's okay. We'll have to set a date to get together it would be so fun to see you.