"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, January 17, 2008

Your favorite albums??


I work in the evenings, or when my babies are napping doing data entry. And yes, I'm sure it only adds to my weight insecurities- but in my efforts to ditch the soda to help keep me awake, I've found that music can help. However, my cd collection seems smaller and smaller as I listen to it each night and the tediousness sets in. I don't really listen to the radio much, so I don't know who's new and wonderful, and I'm sure I've missed out on some 'oldies but goodies'. So, I need some suggestions of your favorite upbeat albums! Then when I can scrape some pennies together, perhaps I'll expand my music collection, and hopefully not be as sleepy while I'm working. :)

8 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Jack Johnson, Colbie Caillat, Sara Bareilles. They are all great, but it kind of depends on your type of music. I also love Carrie Underwoods newest CD:). Good luck!

Tanya said...

Hello hello!! I haven't stopped by for awhile. I LOVE the look of the blog :)

As for music choices - I don't get a chance to listen to the radio anymore. I guess it helps that we no longer have an hour or longer commute ;) One band that I did fall in love with when we lived in Seattle is called "Peepshow" - they are sort of like Pearl Jam but I like them more. The are pretty local to Seattle but you can download their CD on iTunes.

Megan said...

Hey! It's been a while since I've talked to you. I'm catching up on blogs and my new resolution is to actually comment so people know I read about their life.
Anyway, I'm sorry I'm not much help with music because I am also behind the times...but if you can listen to talking and type at the same time I listen to podcasts all the time and I love them! (My favorites are MormonMomCast, Pediacast and Jumping Monkies) Or, go to a sight like pandora and put in your favorite bands and then the site will select music that they think you might like. And it's free!

Heather Weir said...

Ok so I don't listen to much music either but my sister told me about this website that you can pick the genre or a singer you do like and it will play that type of song. www.pandora.com and its free. I'm enjoyed it the few times that I've played it while cleaning and cooking.

Heather Weir said...

I am so ready to have this baby. My appt today though the doc says I can't start being agressive in trying to get her to come early for another week. So I'll stick to the plan of a February baby. as much as that is going to stink. I guess everyday is so much better for her I'll do it for the baby!

Anonymous said...

I've got several suggestions:

1) Pick up some Colplay, Keane, or Travis. The most recent albums from each of these groups are very good!

2) I often listen to classical radio and talk radio through online streams. These are usually provided free at the station's website.(ex. http://www.classical89.org/streaming/)

3) I'm not sure about Pandora, as was mentioned above, but it sounds kind of like the fantastic music site that I use- www.last.fm. You can listen to customized "radio" by entering artists you like and it will play songs like those you named. It also tracks what you listen to on your computer (whether through their radio, or not). If you do it, come find me at www.last.fm/user/ukforever.

Anonymous said...

I have an update for you! On last.fm you can now listen to many tracks for free while the artist gets paid for every listen! This just started today! If you can't tell, I'm a little bit excited!

Rach said...

My recommendations are:

Train, which is nice rock stuff, but not too heavy.

KT Tunstall (be careful of which ones you download from her, she has two versions of a lot of her songs, one clean, one explicit.)

Also, if you like this kind of stuff, I love Harry Connick, Jr. and Michael Buble.