"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Saturday, January 26, 2008

There's no place like home.


As much as I love our home, sometimes I wonder if making our lives so hectic- just to afford it is really worth it. With Josh working nights, we don't see him really for 4 sometimes 5 days of the week(not literally, but when we do see him he's sleeping. ) And the days he is home, he's 'off' because his schedule is all messed up. I tend on M,T,TH, and F. I also am doing at home data entry- only two hours a day, but still. Last but not least, I'm considering doing a little flower delivery job that will allow the kids just to come with me for a few deliveries a few days a week. Insane.


Bad day, can ya tell? I feel very blessed to be in my home. But today a small hut sounds appealing. (a small hut, with heat, and at least a bathroom. ;) )
Oh yeah, and thanks for listening to my pity party.

4 comments:

Rach said...

I know what you mean. It's great having your own place, but it takes some sacrifices!

PS I love your shorter hair!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

I hear you! I tell Dillon all the time we should just go live somewhere far away that we can afford so we can be together more as a family! It is so hard. I hate weeks when my boys don't see Dillon until the weekend (and then he works most Saturdays as well, and like you said, is really tired when he is home).

Megan said...

So what I don't understand is how do you even have time to do all you do? I only have 1 kid and it feels like between cooking, cleaning and entertaining all my time is gone! You are amazing.

Shannon said...

We had so much fun just hanging out today! It was really fun to get to know you. I totaly know how you feel about working so much. I hope that is gets better soon so you both can breath easily. Thanks again!