"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Our bun in the oven.

I've reached my 39 weeks today! And yep, no baby yet. This is the longest I've gone with any of my pregnancies, so I feel over-due. Even though I am not. :) My next appt is on Thursday, and I can only hope that somehow- sometime this little baby boy decides he's ready to come out into this crazy world!

The first Christmas that Josh and I were married he suprised me with a snowboard that Santa had left for me! It is a wonderful memory, and he is so proud that he actually suprised me, and I didn't have a clue! Anyway, I sold my board yesterday and had a hard time parting with it because of the emotional attatchment. I think I keep way too many things because of this problem. Anyway, I'm glad the board will be used again- but sad not to see it sitting in the corner reminding me of what a loving hubby I have. I am a true geek and took some pictures of it before the girl showed up to look at it. I unfortunatly don't have any of me actually snowboarding with it. That's ok.

Josh has 4 or 5 tests left to take within the next week and a half. That's a little overwhelming for me to even think about. But he has also come down with the cold/flu that has been going around. He woke up with a fever.... and now the kids have a bit of a fever as well. We need to get over this before our baby comes!! Any magic cold/flu potions? I just keep washing my hands way too often! And have been trying to keep everything as clean as possible. :S

4 comments:

Tara said...

Jenni,
I keep checking your blog to see if your little one has arrived yet. I have to say it offers me a bit of solace knowing that you are still as miserable as I am. Sorry! Well my appt is on Thur. as well and my doc said she'd talk to me about my options, that better mean she's going to induce me, or I just might break down right there in her office. I seriously feel huge and obviously umcomfortable, but also just came down with a cold myself, wah wah. Well keep us updated we'll let you guys know as soon as anything changes. Take care, Tara

Anonymous said...

Jenni...

HELLO!!! No baby yet. Hmmmm...yes, you do sound more than ready. Take it from someone who went two weeks over with both babies...you ain't seen nothing yet! I can't believe that you are heading into overtime when that hasn't been your history with the other two!

I caught up...the kids looked so cute at halloween...and mommy looked good to...I see you managed a smile...are they getting harder to find now?

I have come home from work twice to see IM's from you saying hi...but you were already gone. Maybe someday soon we can catch up...before your life gets busy with baby boy.

My thoughts are with you...take good care of yourself and I will be sending relaxing and sleepy energy your way!

Alison

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck with everything! We hope you guys quickly get over your illnesses and that everything goes well for you in the next few days! We've just all been sick here but unfortunately I don't have much advice... sorry.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

39 Weeks! I felt overdue at 20 weeks!! lol I think congratulations are due for keeping him in this long, actually!

Testing is NO FUN at all--and a stress on everyone involved in the process (directly or indirectly).

I thought I was having contractions, but it's been ten minutes and no repeat... These were deep into the back, too, so I was getting hopeful. *sigh* Will it ever end??