I'm attempting to make myself so tired that perhaps I'll get some good sleep tonight. I get a bit tired of laying in bed and having the baby kick around so much that I feel sick all the time. So I figured this was perhaps a good way to pass some time. :) We had a nice Thanksgiving with lots of yummy food. Our poor little son was up at 4 this morning and didn't want to go back to bed! He's on to a new 'scream to get what he wants' phase, and I forgot how completely clueless this phase makes me feel. He did finally get back to sleep around 6ish? after he had tested both Mommy and Daddy's patience. He then woke up at 8 and promptly threw up. :S He was never fevery or anything, so I don't know if he had a bit of a stomach problem, or if it was lack of sleep, and too much screaming! I felt bad though. He's been fine the rest of today, except for a bit over emotional about a few things. Hopefully it was just a fluke... I don't want to have a flu bug at our place to welcome our new baby.
As I've been reflecting on our day... It occured to me that our kids are young, but I want them to understand and love each holiday for it's true meaning. We had a talk with our kids during breakfast and tried to see what things they were thankful for. I don't think it sunk in at all. Josh and I told them things that we are thankful for- and tried to let them/(mostly her) know that today was a special and important day. Anyway, just wondering what ideas or traditions have been carried out in your different families to instill the importance of Thanksgiving/ Christmas in your homes. I'm sure that our Christmas is going to be a bit crazy this year with the new baby being so new. It will be interesting to see how it goes. We will do our best to make it a very memorable and special Christmas- just the same as we will do each year for the rest of our lives. :)
I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and had a little time to reflect on the things you are greatful for! Wish me luck- it's after 11 and my eyes are starting to burn. Hopefully the sandman will be kind to me tonight.
2 comments:
Logan didn't sleep well the night after Thanksgiving either - and that's all Mike & I wanted to do :)
Happy belated Thanksgiving!!
I have a confession--I never had your new blog address, and kept asking Becca for it, and she keeps forgetting... Well, I read Becca's blog this a.m. and realized--DUH that your blog's bookmark was on her blog reading list--ha ha ha. So here we are!
I'm enjoying your blogs more now--you seem more relaxed now that you're not having to come up with covert names for everybody. :)
I feel your pregnancy pain... Emily's bouncing around so much I think my stomach's going to be pushed out--forget just spilling the contents!! How're your contractions?? I didn't realize we were so close on this pregnancy, too... I keep asking Becca if you've had the baby, and I'm only just realizing your status! I go for my first internal checkup (can I call it that?) on Friday. At least if my car is working! *sigh* The joys of being young and poor!!!
Hey--are you doing anything to bring in a little extra money? I know Becca said that for a little while you were thinking about doing a call center thing in the home, but I wondered if anything's actually stuck? We've been talking about my having to go work outside the home again, and it breaks my heart to think about it, but we've GOT to have more cash... Right now everything we have is going to pay off the credit we've spent. Credit. It's sure hard to deal with. Anyway, we were also talking about watching 1-2 kids during the day. We live in a community where it might be easier for a mom to drop her kids off at our house instead of taking them to a (more expensive) daycare. I'll have to evaluate that one a little more after baby Emily's here.
Anyway... Hopefully your Braxton-Hicks contractions will shake things up a little!! (You're having them aren't you? Mine are so uncomfortable sometimes I'm sure I'm going into labor only to sleep through the night and they're gone...)
Post a Comment