"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, December 14, 2006

If A Picture Paints A Thousand Words: then I'll paint 10,172



Our journey begins on the night of 12-12-2006 with






















And soon became













On 12-13-2006 at 00:20 hrs




Weighing in at and 20.5 in. long and












(that's 0.52 m and 4.03 Kg for all you metric junkies)




entered the world to be greeted by



and

but there was someone who was even more proud than they...



As time progressed...






so we put on our socks and shoes



and headed for home. (As far as I know, they lived happily ever after.)




--The End--


I would like to personally thank



Thank you dearest Wife for all of the hard work and support that has been given to me the past few months while I've been at a new job and going to school. I promise, there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't appreciate what you did for me.
And to Dr. Christensen, thank you for easing our minds and keeping our hope alive when things were so up in the air that I thought I was back in flight school.

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Who knew Josh was so poetic? That was beautiful! (wiping a tear from my eye!)

He's absolutely beautiful! the pictures definitely paint 10,72 words!

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! Enjoy, and God Bless

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We've being saying to eachother all week: "I wonder if it's today...." Does the new Mr. N have a first name yet? He looks strong and healthy and we wish all FIVE of you all the best!

Tanya said...

Congratulations!! Wishing you guys the best. Now it's Austin's turn ;)

Rach said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm also wiping a tear from my eye. But, then you guys probably don't know that I'm a cry baby. Congrats, we will come see you soon!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Becca told me to make sure I had kleenex when I read the birth information--I wish I had taken her seriously!! I'm so excited for your new baby... okay, and maybe a little jealous too. :)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you from Denver and the Powers family. Little man is absolutely beautiful, enjoy the holidays. Miss and love you all.
Auntie Debi

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! We are so happy for you! You and your baby look wonderful! Enjoy the holidays, we are thinking of you over here it seems like we were just there getting the phone call from Josh that Caleb was born... wish we could see you and bring you some chocolate chip cookies!
Mark and Aprillee

Anonymous said...

Jenni and Josh...

congratulations! He is so absolutely beautiful!! And Jenni look at you all lovely and smiling. Are you sure you had just given birth in those pics or did your hubby just photoshop pics from 10 years ago into these pics? Tell the truth!

The picture of your daughter with her new little brother is priceless...and I did cry at the end...because things were so difficult for you both and baby at the beginning. Just looking at those pictures made me aware that we don't have to look too far for miracles to be found!

Congratulations again...I hope you are resting...all of you...and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending smiles from the inside out your way...

Alison

Tanya said...

Merry Christmas! Have a blessed day with your family my friend :)

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Hello, hello! I have been spending as much time with Scooter as possible! :) He's such a cutie--I'm really worried for the whole healing process and how he'll take it... Rejection is rejection regardless of the reason *crinkling eyebrows*. We'll have to be creative, that's for sure... :)

Anonymous said...

We're sure proud of you guys! Love reading your thoughts and emotions of the day. Thanks for sharing with the world! We love you tons! Mom and Dad Dunn