"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Monday, January 19, 2009

Shiny Happy People


Today is a blog worthy day, though nothing terribly significant happened. It is Martin Luther King Day~ so the kids didn't have preschool, and I didn't have to do crossing guard. I'm sad to say I usually go to bed at night feeling completely at a loss at how to parent, and contemplating how I can help my babies be kinder to each other, how I can help my self be less grumpy at them, etc.. (you get the point right?). But this evening is different. Today was such a success. I am not sure how it happened, but the kids got along(for the most part), I didn't get upset with them, they helped me cook and clean, we played games, we visited Josh at work and had lunch without any meltdowns. Our home was a lovely place to be today. Here is hoping for many many more to come. ****And proof to myself that these days actually do happen in our home. :)****

7 comments:

Jodie said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling like an inadequate parent sometimes. But you are doing much better because you have 3 and I only have 1! LOL. I've always wondered how you keep your kids so calm and well-mannered as I watch my tear apart everything he comes in to contact with :)

The Lyon's said...

Jenni, congrates with the news of school that is wonderful if you are ever on the Taylorsville Campus stop by the HR Office and say HI. I totaly understand there are days where I really wish I didn't have to work so that I could just be with my kids but I also know that it is where I am supposed to me at this time. Say HI to the family for us.

Chuck and Katie said...

I totally feel your pain, I think I have those exact same thoughts and feelings every night to(I think one of the reasons I don't sleep well.) I glad you had a great day, There always so nice when you get them.

Heather Weir said...

Thats great that you have some good days with your kids. Makes all the other days seem insignificant right! Congrats on going back to school. I would actually like to go back to school but i still have no idea what I would do it for other then to learn new things. We really need to come up to utah sometime and visit with you and then swing on up to idaho and see Kira. well maybe someday that will happen. Until then though good luck!

AngiDe said...

That's a great picture of your family!

badgerclan said...

It is always nice when the kids get along for a day. I absolutely love those days and I really try to praise my kids when it happens and on how happy it makes me, hoping it will help them to get along better more often. And Jenni - you are such an inspiration to me. You always write the neatest thoughts and you express yourself in a way that is so touching to others. I love reading your blog and how you are able to write the feelings of your heart on here for everyone to read. I need to be better at that. Thanks for being you.

Anna Min said...

The wonderful thing is that those days will be the days your children remember...
You don't give yourself enough credit Jenni. I know you're amazing:)