"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Our Winter Wonderland

It has been a VERY cold week- especially to start back to doing Crossing guard. I really enjoyed being able to sleep in(stay in bed and having the kids cuddle me) for a week and a half, but it's nice to be back and knowing I'm making a little money. The kids have been wonderful about it, and have just been excited to watch movies in the car. My Mom has been a huge help in letting the kids stay home in the mornings because usually if they're not up before I leave, they'll sleep till I get home. (Plus she's sweet and doesn't want them out in the cold any more than neccessary. I love you Mom.) We all have come down with a bit of a cold this week with sore scratchy throats, and Tenderheart missed his first day of preschool today because of his nasty fever. Hopefully it will pass quickly!



Above:The handle on Grandma's car. brr!

We got to go visit my Cousin's new home, and on the lovely drive the mountains were breathtaking! I've always loved Timpanogus, my only regret was not having my SLR camera with me to take some pictures.

My kids have asked severl times why the snow doesn't look like the paper snowflakes everyone makes. It's hard to explain that it really does look the same, but lucky for us, it was cold enough yesterday that I got a few shots of real snowflakes after they had landed in our car.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Shauna said...

Check out snowcrystals.com for some amazing photos of snowflakes. There are also tips on how to see the snowflakes. I picked up a couple of magnifiers and my kids have loved it!

Jenny said...

I love the snowflake picture you took! I'm glad for you and your kids both that they don't have to go do the morning cross with you. I saw you this morning... I drive Ammon to school at 8:30 and you (now that I have determined it really is you) are always there! It is SOOO cold at that time of day and I am sure that you are and your kids are all happier knowing that they are still snuggled in bed!

The Allen Family said...

What cool pictures of snowflakes. I actually had no idea they really look like that.

Aprillee said...

Those pictures are so beautiful Jenni! I wish it would snow here,maybe next week. Hope you all feel better soon.

badgerclan said...

Those pictures are SOOOOOO awesome - I will definately have to show my kids those!! WOW!! What kind of camera did you use to take those with??

Jenni said...

Sarah, I took those with my little point and shoot Canon powershot. (it's my little camera that I keep in my purse.) I was lucky to catch the flakes before they melted! :)

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Jenni!!! I found you!! This is Carolyn Meyer Heward. Yay! Your little family is adorable. The snow flake pictures are awesome.

Tanya said...

Great pictures! I am beyond ready for Spring!!

BTW - I left an award for you at my blog :)