"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Thursday, March 12, 2009

* Yep, we're still alive. Just a lot going on, as usual. :) We went to a free workshop and learned how to take pictures in manual mode with our Nikon. Love it! I wish I had more time to play and learn, but I have a feeling that I'll be more into is as we get to play outside in the warm weather more. I love the bottom picture on the left- who knew we really had a 'Dash'(from the Incredibles) of our own living with us.
*I never realized how emotionally taxing/wonderful it would be to live with an elderly person that you love. Grandma has lots of ups and downs. The hardest part is just knowing that sometimes there's nothing we can do to help! (Nothing huge or serious has happend to Grandma... Just day to day stuff.) We're hoping to get our hands on a wheel chair this spring so that she can go on our nightly walks with us. Now if only the weather would REALLY warm up!
* Our youngest has had a big of speech issue the past few weeks. He has a hard time, usually when he says "I"... like "I, I, I want another one," or sometimes he'll just hold the I sound. It's probably just a stage, but it's not one that I'm familiar with from the older two kids. He's able to copy my words without hesitating, but when he's coming up with the words on his own is when he has trouble. Anyway, I guess it's just the Mommy side of me worrying too much (*hopefully).
*I've been working on crocheting an afghan for Josh. He's been asking for one for years, but it has been keeping me busy. I'm excited to see how it turns out, the color scheme is a fun one.
*Josh has been working out several times a week, and it's been fun to see him get excited about it. He's already got more energy. And I'm proud of him for sacrificing sleep to go to the gym.
*I had my wisdom teeth removed last friday. It wasn't has horrible as I had imagined, but I'm really glad to have it over with. I'm really hungry all of the time, and can't wait till I'm comfortable just eating a big juicy hamburger! I was hoping to be done with the pain by now, but it's still a little achy sometimes. I'm sure this will just continue to fade with time.
Hope you each are well, and are enjoying some sunny weather today. :)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Rach said...

Jacob has the same kind of speech thing sometimes. He speaks really well. He can say most of his words clearly. But, if he really gets excited about something, or has something big and long to tell me, he will start stuttering a little. Same thing, "I, I, I . . ." I don't think you should worry about it too much. Probably his mouth can't keep up with his brain.

Lyndee said...

Glad to know you are alive still! don't you wish you were 7 and you were up and bouncing the night they pulled your teeth!? Kids are crazy! When you feel better you have to come over some time! :)

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

I have been thinking about lately. I hope things are going well for you. I love the pictures and need to take a class to better my pictures.

Anonymous said...

Connor does it with the B sound. I'm not sure either! Its when he doesn't want to do something and says "BA BA BA BUT I dont want too." Who knows? I'm hoping its just a phase. The doctor wasnt concerned at ALL about it! Yes I am such a spaz mom that I had to ask the doctor! :) I hope you get to feel better! Wisdom teeth HURT!!!:)

Shannon said...

We had a great time tonight! Thanks for getting us out! Your pictures are looking good! We need to still go out and play with our cameras some time. Other than the photo walks.

So I have a really good friend that has a stutter. If you want me to I can ask him a little about it. See if maybe he can shed some light on the subject. Just look at it either way, no matter what it is he is perfect and just the way Heavenly Father wanted him.

We love you guys! Thank for being such great friends!

Anna Min said...

I want to go to a workshop for taking pictures in manual mode...I love our Nikon D80 but I just don't know how to do all the wonderful things that its capable of!
I'm impressed.
I'm glad you're alive:)
And just really cool.
I really like your quote by Joyce Maynard.

The Lyon's said...

Jenny I want to see the blanket when you are done I'm working on a baby one right now for a cousin. I love to crochet we should go shoting sometime with our cameras let me know when you are free to go.

badgerclan said...

I'm glad you posted something - I've missed hearing about what's happening with you. Sounds like you guys have been busy but are doing well. Glad to here that. Tell everyone Hi from us.

Heather Weir said...

Wow that does sound like a lot going on. You are like Super Mom! I wish I new how to use my camera better. oh well. no fun pictures like you. I hope your mouth starts feeling better. that stinks but if you like I"ll eat that hamburger for you!