We were hoping for a good evening (good meaning exciting.. ) because 1.) It was friday evening, and 2.) Friday the 13th(ha ha). He said they often get ride alongs, and then have nothing happen all evening. Which is no fun for the police officer or the rider. So we started our evening with taking down a guy who had 3 warrants for his arrest out! Woohoo! It was a really neat experience, and I suddenly knew exactly what makes thier jobs worth it. Then we did a few traffic violation stops, and continued on to a drug overdose, which actually was pretty sad. Then stopped some kids who come to find out didn't have any weed. (those were the Sgt. words- ha, he was a pretty funny guy). It was a learning experience for me, and I'm greatful I decided to sign up for the ride along. I may just do it for fun again in 6 months.
The night before we got to go learn about our local SWAT team, and got to shoot thier .40 Glocks, and thier M4 (fully automatic rifle pictured below.)

Can you see me even touching one of those? Let alone shooting one of those? I sure can't, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was fun, and I came away with a big grin on my face, however I can't imagine getting training with one for any other purpose than to shoot at card board targets in the desert. I'm greatful that there are people trained to used them in dangerous situations, just glad I'm not one of them!!
8 comments:
sounds like fun, it's always good to shake things up a little bit.
I love the new picture so cute! Your daughter..wow you are lucky! So how are things going? We are heading down in 2 weeks to go to amber's wedding.... sure you dont want to come? It was about 220 for the ticket!
Wow, that sounds really interesting and, yeah, packed full of adrenaline. How did you get to go on a ride along? And, Dave thinks it would be great to go see the SWAT team and shoot one of their rifles. :)
I LOVE the new header picture!
And. I think they should pay law enforcement officers better. :) :)
Dude! Where do I sign up to do something like that?
I honestly could just see you walking away with a big grin on your face after shooting that thing...brought back some memories:)
That is SO cool! Such a tough girl you are!
I miss you! Sorry things have been really busy! Can we get together next week maybe? Call me or email me.
By the way, I love the cute picture of your family in your blog header!
Looks dangerously fun! Josh, do you have a bit of "Jack Bauer" in you? Jenni, you definitely ought to stop by sometime! Give me a call. My number is 432-7093.
Post a Comment