My last post must have been a day when I had a little too much time to think about all that is going on. Usually it's too busy to realize how chaotic our lives are. :) Yesterday we managed to only have one roll of toilet paper completely unrolled and all over the bathroom. I'm sure this happend while I was feeding our little one. At least no one was hurt!!
Our baby is 4 weeks old today. We had our first verbal conversation yesterday and it was adorable! It's so fun to see them stare so deeply into someones eyes... making them wondering what the little guy is thinking. He's been a very good baby so far. He seems to have some painful gas issues, but I think the Mylicone drops have been helping a little bit. And he sleeps pretty well about every 3rd day. (My guess is that we really won't be tested beyond that which we can handle!!)
The big kids have been adjusting, and at least for the past few days have been playing together nicely. However I think the whole apartment complex knows if our little boy is upset. He has developed quite the screech when things don't go his way..... You can tell that he is on his way to being a big 2 year old. Our little girl went to her first Sunbeam class on Sunday. She was so excited to be one of the 'Big kids' at church. I asked her teacher how she was, and she said she wanted to talk a lot. Hmmmn. They may be in for a long year! She has turned in to quite the talker. It occasionally drives both Josh and I crazy because we don't ever get to talk to each other. :) But I keep telling Josh that she is a girl, and girls talk a lot- at least she says 'excuse me'. Which usually turns into her saying it several times in a row very quickly so we can't hear each other to finish whatever we were talking about in the first place!
6 comments:
OH MY GOSH, your kids are so dang cute! I think they get cuter every day (well, with every picture I see, anyway *grin*)
No, actually, I haven't gotten any nursing advice--so advise away! It is uncomfortable to feed on empty, but I'll definitely give it a try. Today, she sucked and sucked while falling asleep (I know, I know...) so maybe that'll be our "test run." I'll make a conscious effort to let her suck on empty to see if it works for us. I HATE the idea of using formula.
You sound like you're doing well! And yes, it's good to be reminded (for ME!!) that we won't be tested beyond that which we can handle. Mercy! The Lord sure has faith in my abilities, I guess. :) Or maybe not--lol Maybe that's why Jonathan's laid off... So he can help. There definitely is a master plan, and all is designed to keep mommies from going nuts. :)
I'm still laughing about the Sunbeams teacher wanting to talk a lot. :D We're starting a New Year's resolution to do FHE every week (as opposed to the TWICE we did it last year!!!!!!). Scooter paid very close attention and colored and everything--adorable. I'm kind of hoping that he'll see that his mama talks a lot and maybe when his teacher talks a lot, he'll see a link... lol
Cute picture!!! I got it! Mom Love you!
Isn't it fun having a kid in Primary? Jacob did Ok, but was feeling a little sick, so he cried when they came back for Sharing time and he saw me behind the piano.
Your kids are so cute. I bet it's a lot of work with three kids! When we get there, I'll be coming to you for advice! Good luck with everything!
Love the pictures! They are so cute - hope you have a great Friday :)
I think the breastfeeding is going well... Last night, she sucked and sucked and sucked... I just kept transferring her from one side to the other until finally we gave her an ounce of formula. She seemed content this morning and was happy with what I had to offer food-wise.
Jenni...
what an absolutely stunning picture of your darling baby boy! That look in his eyes...I think he has got everything figured out alread.
Seriously...are you going to frame that one and put it up on the wall??
I loved the tackle pic of your daughter and son...tell me true...was it tackle, giggle, giggle? Or was it tackle, giggle, cry? Cause that's how it works at my house...tackle, giggle, howl.
Alison
Post a Comment