"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Wednesday, January 24, 2007

He's lost and gone forever.... or just a few days.

Well Josh just left a bit ago to drive down to lovely Anaheim, CA- where it will be arounda lovely 75 degrees. I'm a bit jealous, can you tell? I'm a bit uncomfortable knowing I'll be without a Hubby for a couple days. The only time we've been away from each other for a night was when I went to my Grandparents house in ID for two nights. It was at that point I decided I didn't really want to go on any more trips without him. Now we have 3 kids which makes it that much more difficult. Anyway, I'm sure I'll survive somehow. We have two Grandma's who I know I could call and ask for help at any moment if I needed it. I had considered just going to stay with my Mom for the whole time, but then I know for sure I would get NO sleep. I guess we'll take it day by day.

I got our taxes filed last night. Hurray!! I love direct deposit- we should have our federal return within 9 days. Sad to say that most of our return will be going to pay off our sweet little boy. But that's okay- better spent on him, than on lots of toys that we don't need.

Well my little boy just woke up from his nap and is calling from his crib- what a patient little boy he is. I'm glad I'll have our babies with me, perhaps it'll help me be a little less lonely. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

You won't be lonely--that is so true! :) I was thinking today while looking into sweet Emily's face that I can't imagine a time when she wasn't in my life... even before being married, if that makes any sense. She's so engrained into my being! I feel that way about our whole little family. I think it might be a small glimpse into eternity. :) Hope you're doing well! It sure sounds like you are!! :D

Rach said...

I guess you survived without Josh. I know how you feel, though. Dave leaves on Saturday for CHINA, yep, China, and will be gone a whole week. The last time he left for a week, I did get a little lonely, even with the kids. But, I already have some play dates set up, and I have been meaning to call you to see if we can come visit next week!