"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Friday, September 12, 2008

A first..

Yesterday the kids and I were running errands, and we drove under an overpass... nothing new and different about that. I saw a bird out of the corner of my eye, but again, this is nothing out of the ordinary because they're always flying around by overpasses... until.. It flew right into the drivers side window... HARD. I've officially been hit by a bird. The kids faces were priceless, and unfortunatly we were on Redwood Rd, and couldn't really stop to see if the bird was okay... nor did any of us see if the poor thing few away.

Last weekend we pulled out the first season of Gilmore Girls and had just watched the episode where Rory gets hit by a deer while at a stop sign. I couldn't help but laugh after I got over the suprise bang on my window. Poor bird.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Ha ha ha! I thought of Gilmore Girls as soon as you said you got hit by a bird.
Your photography stuff looks great, by the way!

Tanya said...

I would have freaked out!! I nearly have a heart attack every single time a bird flies into the windows of our home...and the other day that happened twice :)

Aprillee said...

Ah, good old Redwood Road! Its funny that you mentioned Gilmore Girls (and getting hit by a bird) because Mark and I started watching the seasons from the beginning right after we got to Colorado. We are so addicted. We are now up to season 5 and loving it! Most likely because we do not have kids to entertain us. Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thats hilarious! Too funny! The other day a bird ran right into my father in laws glass door. It was SO funny because I immediately thought of the commercials! I've NEVER seen that happen before and I couldnt stop laughing!