Last night we took the kids to Tepankyaki for a special family dinner outing. We had a wonderful time! As we waited in the lobby to be seated, a nice man gave our older son his buzzer(the thing that lights up and vibrates when it is your turn to be seated) so that he could hold one since our daughter was holding ours. It was just a simple kind act, and brought the cutest smile to our sons' face. I whispered to Josh that I was glad that there are still good people in the world. We were both proud of the kids and how well they behaved at the nice restaraunt. Perhaps we'll skip McDonalds A LOT more often and save to eat out at nice places.
After dinner we headed home, and then heard the news about the events happening at Trolley Square. How saddening it is that people get the the point that they are willing to go to a mall and shoot random people- for no apparent reason. The news reported that the 18 yr old had a shotgun and a hand gun, and a back pack full of ammo- It's disturbing that he actually did take 5 lives, and ended his by not surrendering to the police. I've been a little shaken up by the event, because it happend here in the Salt Lake Valley. It makes you wonder if we are ever really safe anywhere... but has been once again a reminder to live each day to the fullest, and to cherish my family a little more.
We are in the process of packing to move, and Josh packed up our camera! I have some hopefully nice pictures from the day that we blessed our baby boy. I'm anxious to get them posted.
4 comments:
It sounds like things are well! I hope the move goes smoothly!
We're looking forward to having Becca here (that's mild for how excited I am!)!
Jenni...
Hey! Wow, are you guys brave. Dinner at a REAL restaurant. There are some very nice people in the world...and don't you just love running in to them!
I had not heard about that shooting. It breaks my heart that an 18 year old is that lost and sad that he would do something like that. What is missing in his life that he would do that? Makes me want to be extra careful with my girls...make sure that they know they are loved, that they have an important role and place in the world, and that they have Faith in Love.
Can't wait to see/hear about the new place...how wonderful for you guys!
OK...gotta get Miss Sophia into the tub!
I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with your family - sounds like the dinner went very well.
Can't wait to see the pics. from his blessing - we packed away our video camera in the storage unit and have been unable to find it :( I guess no new vidoes of Logan for a little while longer.
We love Tepanyaki! We went there a while ago, I think it was before Drew was born! It's so nice to go out to a real restaurant once in a while, isn't it?
Every time I read more about that shooting, I just cry because it makes me so upset. It makes me sad to think that anyone could do such violence! I feel lucky to have the knowledge of the gospel, to show us a better way to live!!!
Dylan is such a cutie! It was great seeing you guys at his blessing. What a special day!
Good luck with your move, let us know if you need help!
Post a Comment