"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A semi-explosive vent: LIFETREE RESEARCH


I am totally in awe of how unprofessional and dissapointing my experience with this company has been. I know this is rather bold of me, however I feel it should be said to help me feel better! So my wisdom teeth have been bothering me for some time now, and I've been holding out for one of the 'studies' that you always hear about on the radio. Well, I finally got an appt. to go in for a screening interview! Hurray! I got a sitter (after putting off my appt with a oral surgeon), and headed to my appt. Well I arrived at the office and they had no clue what was going on. They had several people who weren't assigned a 'screener', and I happend to be one of them. So after sitting in the waiting room for 1 1/2 hours, I spoke up and helped them understand that the reason they couldn't see my name on the sign in sheet, was because I had been there for so long! They finally started my 'screening' and I had a really nice nurse- I thought perhaps she could redeem the company after all the confusion that had occured in the waiting room. And she did well- they performed an EKG, did weight/height, explained the process etc. They had a nervy Dr. that performed a short physical, who did not impress me at all. So the last thing they needed was a blood test. I knew that I have always had a hard time with this, so I gave them a heads up that my viens tend to 'roll'. I thought I was in luck because they automatically pulled out the 'butterfly' needles. Well, about 8 sticks later, they decided to call the phlebotomy specialist who got me in only one stick in an odd vien- because they had collapsed all the good ones. Anyway, after another 2 hrs of them trying to get some blood, I was on my way out with a surgery date of June 2nd! Woohoo! This was only 2 weeks away, and we got our schedule cleared and Josh a couple days off of work. Well this afternoon around 5- yes less than an hour ago. They called to tell me something was confusing on my chart, and they were wondering if I had been told a 'yay or nay'. I informed her that I had been told yes, and scheduled for the 2nd. (Yes only 5 days away). She said she needed to call me back. . As my call was returned with a "You're gonna kill me", which I might say was very professional ha ha. They didn't have any spaces left. I asked how they could not have spaces left after scheduling me? She said she had a big pile of people she had to call and cancel now.
So yes, I know this was a study. But because of that wouldn't you expect it to be at least a little bit organized, and somewhat professional? I'm really dissapointed, however I don't think I'd want to be a patient for them after what I've gone through. Really, who wants to get paid to get their wisdom teeth out anyway? I'll be on the phone tomorrow morning to find an oral surgeon that will take me- asap. I'm tired of all my headaches.
To anyone to has thought of doing a study here, just be aware of what you're getting in to. If you're okay with chaos- to get paid a little money- More power to ya. ;)
***Thanks for reading, if you made it all the way through. Sorry I needed to get this out, but I really do feel a bit better now!!***

3 comments:

Anna Min said...

Oh Jenni...I am so sorry! I am more sorry that you have been enduring that kind of pain and discomfort though than I think I am about your experience with the research company...eee! I hope you get feeling better soon...:)

Karli said...

That stinks! So what are you going to do now? Do you have a new day/time scheduled?


You've been tagged. Check out my blog to see the rules.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Hey, lady! Happy birthday tomorrow!

And the whole wisdom tooth thing? It's hard enough to deal with getting your wisdom teeth removed, let alone having to deal with all of this AND getting a sitter... *sigh